SHALOM FACILITIES GUIDE
St Joseph’s accommodation is in the upper level of the beautiful old convent build by Edward Gell in 1870. The rooms have been converted from the original nuns cells and the girls domitory and all feature lovely views over the Carcoar hills and Shalom’s gardens.
There are 13 bedrooms which can cater for a maximum of 15 people. There are 2 double bedrooms, 1 with an ensuite bathroom.
Disabled access is available via the fire exit ramp directly to the street.
St Marys accommodation is down the stairs in the old school building. There are 7 bedrooms with10 beds which can cater for a maximum of 8 people. There are 2 bathrooms with a total of 3 showers and 3 toilets. There is also a lounge and tea/coffee area with a fridge and microwave.
St Mary’s accommodation is accessed by stairs leading down from the main building. Consequently it is not suitable accommodation for guests who cannot manage stairs without help.
Rosh Pinah is self-contained accommodation down the stairs on the southern end of the old school building. It has a double bed and a small kitchenette suitable for self-catering stays with a microwave and refrigerator.
Upper Floor: St Josephs – Max 15 people, 13 Bedrooms, 12 Single Beds, 2 Double beds, 2 Large Shared Bathrooms (4 Showers, 5 Toilets) , Fire Exit Ramp/Disabled Access to Street with self-locking door.
Main entrance/Sitting room with toilet facilities. Large Conference room & Small Meditation room. House Chapel. 1 Double Bedroom – can be available for guests. Private living areas of Shalom Community
Lower entrance/sitting room, Breakfast Servery & Coffee Area, Scullery & Large Commercial Kitchen, Dining Rooms – max 50 diners, Access to back garden,Outdoor Dining Area & Labyrinth. Laundry available for guest’s use adjacent to back door.
- Seating for up to 50 people
- Data Projector and speakers
- White Boards
- Small Breakout/Meditation Room
- On most occasions the Blessed Sacrament is reserved here
- The Community meets in the chapel for daily prayers. You are most welcome to join us.
- Our chapel is a place for quite prayer or meditation, please respect it and those who might be praying there.
- Available for use by Guests
- Labyrinth Prayer Guides available
- Labyrinth Exercises/Meditation by arrangement
- Labyrinth Retreats run each year
- Extensive gardens for quiet prayer/meditation
- Outdoor seating and Tables for dining or group breakout
- Shady Fruit Trees for cover
- Barbecue, Smoker & Pizza Oven available.